These easy Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs are the simplest way to get perfect hard boiled eggs every time! No more hassle of boiling water, no cracked overcooked eggs, just perfect easy to peel eggs! By adjusting the time just a little, you can also easily go from soft to hard boiled in a matter of minutes!
Quick + Easy Air Fryer Boiled Eggs
Cut out the guesswork and the hassle of waiting for water to boil. When you want the perfect hard boiled egg every time, just use your air fryer! Seriously, it works wonders. You can evem cook half a dozen eggs at a time or more, if you happen to have a larger air fryer!
Also, by simply adjusting the time by a few minutes, you can choose whether you want your eggs soft, medium, or hard boiled. No more over or undercooking. Once the eggs are cooked, pop them in an ice bath like you would after a traditional boil and the shells peel right off.
Hard boiled eggs can be served in a variety of ways. Keep it simple with a little salt and pepper, go bold with some paprika, garlic, and a drizzle of sriracha, or try something fun like everything bagel seasoning. Slice them up for a chef salad or scoop out the insides to whip up a delicious tray of divine deviled eggs.
With Easter just around the corner, you can even use these hard boiled beauties to color and decorate. With the air fryer it’s so easy, even the kids can help out!
Have an instant pot? This is our other favorite method for making hard boiled eggs: Instant Hard Boiled Eggs
Air Fryer Boiled Eggs Ingredients
Eggs, ice, and water. This recipe couldn’t be simpler!
- Eggs: I typically do 6 at a time. You don’t want to crowd the air fryer otherwise your eggs won’t cook evenly. Make sure to leave a little space between them. However, depending on the size of your air fryer you may be able to fit a whole dozen at once.
- Ice Bath: Exactly as it sounds, water filled with ice. If you’ve made hard boiled eggs the traditional way, it’s the same process. The ice bath helps make the peeling so much easier and stops the eggs from overcooking.
How to Make Air Fryer Boiled Eggs
No more waiting for water to boil, with the air fryer you’re just a few simple steps away from a delicious, protein packed snack.
Preheat your air fryer. I set mine to 275°F.
Place the eggs in the air fryer basket. Remember not to overcrowd the basket to ensure your eggs are cooked evenly.
Now cook the eggs. For hard boiled eggs, cook for 15 minutes, 12 minutes for boiled eggs (with a creamier center), and 10 minutes for soft boiled eggs.
Time for the ice bath! Immediately place your cooked eggs in the ice bath for about 5-10 minutes.
Peel and serve. Enjoy with just a dash of salt and pepper, sprinkle with your favorite seasoning mix, or scoop out the centers to make deviled eggs!
- Adjust your cook time based on your appliance. Not all air fryers operate the same way. Many recipes I’ve seen for air fryer boiled eggs call for a temperature of 260°F. I tried cooking my first batch of eggs at that temperature for 15 minutes and they were almost hard boiled but not quite. So I cooked 6 more eggs at 275°F for 15 minutes and they were perfectly hard boiled. So it just depends on your particular air fryer. Do a test batch first, you can always cook the eggs a little longer if needed.
- Don’t skip the ice bath! Not only does it stop the eggs from over cooking it helps with easy peeling. Trust me on this one, peeling boiled eggs can be so tedious and frustrating. With the ice bath the shells come right off!
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Leave room between each egg for even cooking. Start with 6, add more if you still have room. If you need to make a whole bunch of eggs (say for Easter or an event), don’t be afraid to work in batches. Air frying is so much faster than traditional boiling so you’ll still be saving yourself time and still get the perfect consistency every time!
- I used fresh farm eggs. Unlike traditional boiling in water, by using the air fryer you can use fresh or old eggs. They will both peel easily so no need to wait to use up your eggs.
How Long To Cook Hard Boiled Eggs In Air Fryer
Follow the easy chart below to decide which level you would like your eggs hard boiled to:
Hard Boiled Eggs: 15 Minutes at 275°F.
Creamier Hard Boiled Eggs: 12 minutes at 275°F
Soft Boiled Eggs: 10 minutes at 275°F
I do like to peel my eggs before storing them in the refrigerator, which is no hassle at all since these are so easy to peel. Once my eggs are peeled, I put them in an airtight bag or container and let them hang out in my fridge for up to 7 days.
However, you can also store them with the peel on if you prefer!
Looking for a way to use your hard boiled eggs? Don’t miss this recipe for our favorite classic Southern Deviled Eggs! Perfect for the holidays or a pot luck. Almost no one can say no to a deviled egg!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- Ice bath
- Preheat air fryer to 275°F.
- Place eggs in air fryer basket.
- Cook eggs for 15 minutes for hard boiled eggs, 12 minutes for creamy boiled eggs (with a creamier center) and 10 minutes for soft boiled eggs.
- Immediately place cooked eggs in ice bath for 5-10 minutes.
- Peel and serve with salt and pepper, or serve as desired.