If you’re looking for a fresh, brightly flavored salad that actually hits the spot, you’ve found it with this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Chicken! It’s as filling as it is vibrant with ingredients like grilled chicken, kalamata olives, and an array of fresh veggies.
A Hearty Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe
Let’s face it – no one actually craves salad for lunch. It’s one of those items off the menu you order if you’re trying to eat healthy, but you’d really rather order the panini listed next to it. Well, allow us the pleasure of changing your mind with this filling, tasty as can be Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Chicken!
This isn’t the basic boxed salad that you’re used to ordering off of your food delivery app. Made with all fresh veggies and flavorful additions like kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, and homemade Greek salad dressing, this quick and easy lunch is anything but bland or boring.
We really love a lunch that’ll keep us full until dinnertime, which is another reason this salad is such a staple in our routine! The grilled chicken, quinoa, and chickpeas are all filling ingredients that are rich with protein, fiber, and more. After enjoying this Greek-inspired brightly flavored filling salad, you won’t be hungry again for quite some time.
This combination of hearty, yet fresh ingredients is delicious, nutritious, and inexpensive. You’re going to love how vibrant everything looks when tossed together! The more colors, the better, right?
- Quinoa: Make your own, or save yourself some time by buying one of those microwaveable bags if you’d like.
- Chicken: This is a great recipe to use up leftover chicken if you have any on hand! We like to use Grilled Chicken Breast, but you could also grab a rotisserie chicken.
- Cucumber: A classic in Mediterranean cuisine, cucumbers add a ton of flavor. Plus, this water-dense veggie helps with bloating and is rich with vitamins!
- Cherry Tomatoes: Grape tomatoes can be used instead.
- Kalamata Olives: Make sure they’re pitted!
- Chickpeas: Drain these before tossing them with your other ingredients.
- Red Bell Pepper: You could go with another color bell pepper if you’d prefer, but red bell peppers are most commonly used.
- Red Onion: If you aren’t a fan of raw red onions, you could also use a shallot. Shallots are a little milder than red onions.
- Feta Cheese: No Mediterranean salad would never be complete without this signature cheese.
- Greek Salad Dressing – For the BEST results, use our homemade recipe for our favorite Greek Salad Dressing!
How to Make A Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
If you have 5 minutes of your day to make a salad, that’s great – because that’s all the time it takes to toss this perfect lunch together!
Divide. Divide the quinoa evenly into 4 bowls.
Assemble. Add chicken and remaining ingredients on top of quinoa.
Toss. Top with Greek Salad Dressing. You can toss salad to combine, or serve it as plated for a beautiful presentation.
This salad is perfect just as it is, but here are a few fun additions or variations:
- Pita And Tzatziki: They aren’t necessary, but some fresh warm pita and a little tzatziki sauce adds an extra delicious layer to this salad.
- Make A Wrap: Want a handheld salad? Wrap up this salad in a spinach wrap and enjoy!
- Vegetarian: Make this salad vegetarian friendly by skipping out on the grilled chicken. Grilled tofu is also a great substitute for extra protein.
- Skip The Dressing: If you aren’t a dressing fan, you can use tzatziki instead of dressing. I usually thin out my tzatziki with a little water so it easily drizzles on top of the salad.
- No Quinoa: Not a fan of quinoa? Substitute it with couscous or rice. Or for fewer carbs, try using cooked cauliflower rice instead.
This is a great meal prep recipe! Prepare for your busy work week by cutting and dicing all of your ingredients, then store it all separately. When you’re ready to eat, combine everything together, and enjoy!
Once your salad is tossed with the Greek salad dressing, it’s best served within a few hours. After that, it can get soggy, and the veggies lose their desired fresh crunch. With that being said, a leftover tossed Greek salad is still safe to eat for up to 5 days. Just make sure it’s placed in an airtight container in the fridge.
Looking For More Fresh Recipes?
With these hot and long summer days, we have been craving light and fresh recipes! Here are a few of our favorites we think you will enjoy:
- Easy Shrimp Tacos with Slaw
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Caprese Stuffed Air Fryer Avocados
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Korean Rice Bowls with Mango Slaw
- Creamy Egg Salad
- Pesto Chicken Caprese
- Easy Chicken Burrito Bowl
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Divide the quinoa into 4 bowls.
- Add chicken and remaining ingredients on top of quinoa.
- Top with Greek Salad Dressing. You can toss salad to combine or serve it as plated.
- Serve with pita and tzatziki, if desired!