Drizzling this delicious Cilantro Lime Crema adds bursting fresh flavor to so many dishes and only takes 5 minutes to whip up. Made with fresh cilantro, zesty lime juice, garlic and just a pinch of salt makes this crema a flavor booster you simply can’t live without!
Cilantro Lime Crema
Looking for the perfect topping for tacos, crispy vegetables or fried avocados? Look no further! Zesty Cilantro Lime Crema is loaded with flavor and is the perfect condiment to keep in the refrigerator.
NO cooking is required and only one bowl is needed – that translates to easy cleanup! Just blend these 6 simple ingredients together- sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, garlic and salt to make a tangy, zesty sauce.
While you can likely find plenty of store-bought versions of this sauce, none of them can hold a candle to the real deal. Usually, store-bought sauces and dressing are chockfull of preservatives and artificial flavors, while this homemade crema is fresh through and through. And trust us, you can really taste the fresh ingredients like lime juice and cilantro in every last drop!
How To Use This Cilantro Lime Crema
There are so many ways that we use this Cilantro Lime Creama! It’s an extra flavorful sauce that can be used in so many different ways. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Tacos: it is wonderful on fish tacos or Air Fried Avocado Tacos!
- Vegetables: it makes a great sauce/dip for crispy vegetables or Air Fryer Fried Avocado.
- Meat: we love it on everything from fish to chicken. Fried or grilled, it adds great flavor, even on shrimp! We use it all the time as a dip for our favorite grilled chicken. I also whip it up to use with a rotisserie chicken sometimes to add flavor like you would a pesto!
- Salads: It’s truly amazing on a taco salad!
This is a fun sauce to play around with and discover the dishes you like it paired best with! With that being said… Drizzling this crema on our avocado tacos is an experience in freshness that everyone should have.
You only need these six simple, inexpensive ingredients to create one unbelievably fresh and creamy sauce.
- Sour Cream – This ingredient adds both a tart flavor and creamy texture to the sauce. You can use regular sour cream or low fat sour cream if you are cutting calories.
- Mayonnaise – Along with the sour cream, mayo helps to create the silky texture of the crema. And don’t worry, if you’re a mayo-hater like me, you can’t taste it as it blends with the other ingredients!
- Cilantro – Make sure and rinse the cilantro so your crema isn’t gritty. Also, to save time, there is no need to pre-chop!
- Lime Juice – Use fresh lime juice right from the citrus itself! For the best flavor, do NOT use the bottled stuff that has preservatives.
- Garlic – If you want an extra garlicky flavor, you can toss an extra clove into the mix.
- Salt – Just a pinch should do the trick.
How To Make Cilantro Lime Crema
This crema is super simple to make and takes less than 5 minutes! You can use an immersion blender, food processor, or a regular blender to create the creamy sauce. There is no need to chop the cilantro or garlic when using one of the methods below.
Combine: In a mixing bowl or bowl of a food processor or blender, add the sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, lime, garlic and salt.
Immersion Blender: Using an immersion blender, blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Food Processor: Place all ingredients in the food processor and pulse until everything is the perfect consistency.
Blender: Add all of the ingredients and blend until it’s silky.
Tips for the best Cilantro Lime Crema
- Make ahead – If possible, make your crema 30 minutes to 24 hours before and store in the refrigerator. A little time in the refrigerator really brings out the flavors.
- Do not over blend – Over blending can cause air bubbles and for the crema to be too thin.
- Store in an airtight container – In the refrigerator for up to 5 to 7 days before serving.
- Rinse the cilantro – And be sure to pat it dry with paper towels. Cilantro can sometimes be gritty, so rinse and drain it well before using. Also, use the freshest cilantro available!
- Fresh squeezed lime juice – This helps the tangy flavors pop and has no preservatives.
- Turn up the heat – Add jalapeño peppers or adobe peppers!
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Puree all ingredients together until smooth using a food processor, immersion blender or traditional blender.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an air tight container for up to 5 to 7 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g