These quick Air Fried Avocado Tacos are filled with crispy and creamy avocados, vegetables and a delicious Cilantro Lime Crema on top. Ready in less than 30 minutes, Taco Tuesdays will never be the same!
Air Fired Avocado Tacos
Meatless Monday, Taco Tuesday or any night of the week just got easier with these Air Fried Avocado Tacos. These easy vegetarian tacos are so delicious and ready in less than 30 minutes.
After we made our new favorite Air Fryer Fried Avocado, we knew we had to use that brilliant method to make avocado tacos! These vegetarian tacos start with crispy air fried avocado and are then loaded with fresh vegetables and a flavor packed Cilantro Lime Crema. The tacos can take on any style of flavor with all of the different optional toppings…. the possibilities are endless.
The air fryer is the key to success when frying avocados. You do not need any oil and the fried avocados cook in only 4 minutes, making this a quick, healthy and easy dinner!
The secret to perfect fried avocado in the air fryer
Your avocados need to be firm and just starting to ripen, but not be soft to the touch. When you press on the avocado with your thumb, you want to feel it give just the slightest bit. You do not want it to be soft like you would for guacamole.
Look for an avocado that has all black skin, but is still firm when pressed. When you press on it with your finger, you should feel a slight give, but it should not be soft or mushy.
Softer avocados will become mushy and almost too soft to enjoy. They are also hard to coat in the breadcrumbs. For more tips on how to fry avocado in an air fryer, check out our Air Fryer Fried Avocado post for more photos and details!
You will need only a handful of ingredients to make these easy air fried avocado tacos:
- Avocados: Look for an avocado that is firm, but has a very slight give to it and the skin should be black.
- Taco Seasoning: we have a great homemade taco seasoning recipe!
- Panko Breadcrumbs: You want to use plain panko breadcrumbs, not already seasoned panko breadcrumbs.
- Corn tortillas: you can also use flour tortillas if you prefer.
- Cilantro Lime Crema: this zesty crema only takes a few minutes to make and adds an insane amount of flavor. Highly recommend taking the time to make this homemade crema!
- Shredded Cabbage
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Roasted Corn
- Lime Juice
- Fresh Cilantro
How To Make Air Fired Avocado Tacos
SLICE. You will need to slice your avocado into strips. Make sure not to cut your avocado into very thin strips. Once you slice the avocado in half, remove the seed, peel the skin and discard. Then place the avocado on a cutting board and make 2 cuts in each half. This will leave you with 6 slices of avocado for every one avocado you cut.
SEASON. Rub taco seasoning over all of the slices of avocado.
COAT. Press the slices of avocado into the Panko breadcrumbs on all sides.
AIR FRY. Place the avocado slices in the air fryer careful not to over fill the basket. Cook on 375°F for 4 minutes. Remove cooked slices from the basket and repeat, if needed, until all of the avocado slices are cooked.
TORTILLAS. While the avocados are in the air fryer, warm the tortillas and wrap them to keep warm. (I warm them in the microwave in a slightly damp paper towel for 30 seconds or you can follow the directions on the packaging.)
ASSEMBLE. Add 2 to 3 slices of avocado in a warm tortilla and layer with your favorite toppings. ENJOY!
What is the Best Air Fryer?
Air fryers come in a couple of different styles. The first style is a drawer/basket style that slides in the front. The second type looks like a toaster oven and opens with a door, like a mini version of a regular oven.
We have personally tried a few different styles of air fryers and these are our three favorites. Depending on your budget and air fryer style preference, you should find one that will work for you below:
- Large Budget Friendly Basket Style: 8 Qt Gourmia Air Fryer
- Best Large Basket Air Fryer: Power XL 10 Qt Air Fryer
- Toaster Oven Style Air Fryer: Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Tips for Best Air Fried Avocado Tacos:
- Thick Slices: You want your avocado to be thick slices, not thin slices. You should get 6 avocado slices out of each avocado. Slice your avocado in half, and then cut each half into 3 slices, for a total of 6 slices per avocado.
- Don’t Crowd Your Air Fryer: You want your avocado slices to be in a thin layer so they cook evenly. Do not over crowd your air fryer or stack breaded avocado slices on top of each other while cooking.
- Crema: Take the time to make the Cilantro Lime Crema. It’s incredibly easy to make in a blender or food processor, but it adds SO much flavor to your tacos!
- Vegan vs Vegetarian: These avocado tacos are vegetarian when you add the delicious crema. If you need this dish to be vegan, just skip the crema and verify your tortillas are vegan – everything else is already vegan!
- Warm Your Tortillas: a warm tortilla makes all the difference! Quickly heat your corn tortillas in the microwave wrapped in a damp paper towel, or on the stove top in a skillet if they are flour tortillas!
These tacos are filled with crispy, creamy fried avocado, tons of fresh veggies and a flavorful Cilantro Lime Crema. They are a wonderful, filling, meatless Monday dinner idea that won’t leave you hungry! We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Air Fried Avocado:
- 4 avocados
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Corn tortillas
Cilantro Lime Crema
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Shredded cabbage
- Corn (Roasted or Fresh)
- Lime wedges
- Slice each avocado into 6 strips. To do this, slice the avocado in half, remove the seed, peel the skin and discard. Then slice each half into 3 pieces, this will leave you with 6 slices of avocado for every one avocado.
- Season avocado slices with taco seasoning lightly on all sides. Then press the slices of avocado into the Panko breadcrumbs on all sides to coat each slice fully in breadcrumbs.
- Place the avocado slices in the air fryer, being careful not to over fill the basket. Cook on 375°F for 4 minutes. Remove cooked slices from the basket and repeat, if needed, until all of the avocado slices are cooked.
- While the avocados are in the air fryer, warm the tortillas and wrap them to keep warm. (I warm my corn tortillas in the microwave, in a slightly damp paper towel, for 30 seconds. This will keep your corn tortillas from cracking.)
- To assemble your tacos, add 2 to 3 slices of avocado in a warm tortilla and layer with your favorite toppings. ENJOY!
- Cilantro Lime Crema: Puree all ingredients together until smooth using a food processor, immersion blender or traditional blender. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to a week!
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 788Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 44gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 523mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 18gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
Love your air fryer as much as we do? Try out some of our other great air fryer dinner recipes: