These perfectly juicy and tender Air Fryer Shrimp take less than 10 minutes to make, with just a few ingredients! When it comes to easy dinner ideas, it doesn’t get much better than cooking shrimp in an air fryer.
Easy Air Fryer Shrimp
When we think about the warmer months ahead, seafood always comes to mind. There’s just something so beachy and tropical about enjoying recipes like this light and tender shrimp! These Air Fryer Shrimp taste fresh, zesty, and seasoned to perfection. It doesn’t matter if you’re at a pool party or the dinner table – these summery shrimp will transport you to paradise!
Oh, and it’s an air fryer recipe… Need we say more? Air fryers seem to be all the rage lately, and for good reason! Using an air fryer for this recipe gives the shrimp the perfect texture without making them rubbery or greasy. It also cooks them so quickly!
This method for cooking shrimp is truly one of our best! The shrimp themselves only need 5 ingredients to make them delicious, and 7 minutes in the air fryer to cook them to perfection. When it comes to easy dinner ideas, it doesn’t get much better than air fryer shrimp.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
Air fryers come in two different styles. The more popular type has a drawer/basket that slides in the front and usually doesn’t require preheating. The second type looks like a toaster oven and opens with a door, like a mini version of a regular oven.
We have tried a few different air fryers and these are our three favorites depending on your budget and air fryer style preference:
- Budget Friendly: Gourmia Air Fryer
- Best Basket Air Fryer: Cosori Air Fryer XL
- Toaster Oven Style Air Fryer: Power XL Air Fryer
What to Serve with Air Fryer Shrimp
The possibilities are truly limitless when it comes to side dishes! There are so many side dish options that would pair perfectly with shrimp.
Here are some we recommend trying with your Shrimp:
- Salad: a Cesar or Italian salad would be great served under these juicy shrimp!
- Pasta: any type of pasta dish would be delicious, but they would be amazing over some buttery parmesan noodles or noodles tossed in Alfredo sauce.
- Mashed potatoes: or grits! As Texas girls, we have to mention some good cheesy grits to go with your shrimp!
- Corn on the Cob
- Roasted Vegetables
Ingredients for Air Fryer Shrimp
This ingredients list is short, but the flavors are bold!
- Fresh Shrimp: peeled and deveined, leaving tails attached
- Olive Oil: or avocado oil
- Garlic: use freshly minced garlic for the most flavor
- Cajun Seasoning: we like to use our easy homemade Cajun Seasoning, but store bought works too!
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
The best part? You probably already have most of these ingredients in your kitchen ready to go!
How to Cook Shrimp in Air Fryer
Just like the ingredient list, the steps to making these shrimp are nice and short! You won’t believe how quickly you’re going to have the perfect shrimp.
Prepare the shrimp. Rinse the shrimp and dry them with paper towels. If your shrimp aren’t peeled and deveined, make sure to do both of those things before continuing.
Preheat. If your air fryer requires preheating, then preheat it to 400°F.
Season. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with olive oil, garlic, creole seasoning, pepper, and onion powder. Continue to mix until the shrimp are evenly seasoned.
Start cooking! Place the shrimp in the air fryer basket in an even layer. Then, cook the shrimp at 400°F for just 4 minutes.
Flip. After the initial 4 minutes of cooking, flip the shrimp and continue to cook for 2 more minutes, until the shrimp are pink and curled.
If the shrimp still are not fully cooked, cook them for an additional 1 or 2 minutes until they’re ready.
Can I use frozen shrimp?
We definitely recommend using fresh peeled and deveined shrimp for this recipe!
If you plan on using frozen shrimp, try running some luke-warm water over them in the sink to help them thaw out or thaw them in the fridge for a day or two before cooking. You’ll want the shrimp to not be frozen when they go into the air fryer for optional cooking.
How long will the shrimp stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the refrigerator, cooked shrimp will stay fresh for up to 3 days! When you’re ready to eat them again, you can reheat your leftover shrimp in the air fryer again. Just a few minutes at 400°F should do the trick!
Be careful not to reheat them too long in the air fryer, or they’ll dry out quickly and become rubbery. You can also always use the microwave as well. We like to use the air fryer to reheat them because it brings them back to close to the same texture as freshly cooked shrimp!
Is it too early to start planning a pool party? Who are we kidding – we live in Florida, where it’s always the right time for a pool party! Honestly, we’re just looking for any excuse to make these air fryer shrimp over and over again.
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1. Rinse shrimp and dry with paper towels. Preheat your air fryer to 400°F if your air fryer requires preheating.
2. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with olive oil, garlic, creole seasoning, pepper and onion powder.
3. Place shrimp in air fryer basket, in an even layer. Cook shrimp at 400°F for 4 minutes.
4. Flip shrimp and continue to cook for 2 minutes more, until shrimp are pink and curled when cooked.
5. If shrimp are not cooked just yet, cook additional 1 to 2 minutes, until done. Do not overcook your shrimp or they will become dry and rubbery.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 479mgSodium: 2148mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 52g
Looking For More Easy Air Fryer Recipes?
Want to get more use out of your air fryer? Here are some of our BEST air fryer recipes: