These Air Fryer Hot Dogs are the BEST hot dogs you can make at home! When cooked in the air fryer, hot dogs get nice and crispy on the outside and stay juicy on the inside. Plus, you don’t have to worry about firing up the grill or preheating the oven – it’s a hassle free recipe!
The Best Air Fryer Hot Dogs
Well, it’s time – summertime, that is! Time for block parties, pool parties, beach parties, you get the idea. During this year’s party season, keep yourself away from the hot grill as much as you can by making your hot dogs in the air fryer instead! Just plug it in and let it do all of the work for you.
Why do we love cooking hot dogs in the air fryer? Well, they are the best hot dogs we have ever made at home! You get everything you love about grilled hot dogs without all the hassle of using your grill. The skin on the outside crisps up perfectly and the inside stays juicy. Plus, the hot dogs are never over cooked with our easy to follow steps! Oh, and they are ready start to finish in under 10 minutes!
One of the most fun things about making hot dogs in general is customizing them to your liking. There are SO many ways to dress up a dog! Personally, we like to keep things classic with relish, chopped onions, ketchup, and all that jazz. No matter how you choose to top off your hot dogs, you’re gonna love them!
You really only need these two basic ingredients for a hot dog. Beyond that, you can get as creative as you want to with the toppings!
- Hot Dogs – This recipe works for regular hot dogs, cheese filled hot dogs, turkey dogs, you get the idea! All hot dogs are welcome in our air fryer.
- Buns – We usually stick to plain hot dog buns since we’ve got picky kids running around all summer in our homes! However, you can use whatever bun your heart desires. Pretzel buns, poppyseed buns, etc.
- Toppings – What’s a hot dog without toppings?? Well, unless you are my picky granddaughter who only likes cheese on hers. 😉 Grab your favorites: ketchup, mustard, cheese, onions, relish, pickles and more. If you want something new, we love using Bang Bang Sauce on our hot dogs!
How to Cook Hot Dogs in Air Fryer
- Cook the hot dogs. Place hot dogs in the air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°F and cook hot dogs for 6 minutes.
- Make the buns toasty. Remove hot dogs and place them in the buns. Return the hot dogs (with buns) to the air fryer at 400°F 1 to 2 minutes, for a warm toasted bun. Add cheese if you’d like now for it to melt!
- Enjoy! Top with desired toppings and serve immediately.
Tips for the Best Hot Dogs In Air Fryer
- Soft Buns vs Toasted Buns: If you don’t like a toasted bun, try this quick method! Just place the hot dog in the bun, then place the hot dog in the basket and warm it at 375°F for 30 seconds. This method will also soften older hot dog buns.
- Batch Cooking: If your air fryer is smaller or you have a lot of hot dogs to cook, we suggest working in batches, if needed. If you are serving a lot of hot dogs and need to reheat them, reheat 375°F for 2 minutes.
- Melted Cheese: Want them to be cheesy? We recommend tossing the cheese onto the dogs right before they go back into the air fryer with the bun. That way, your cheese will melt!
- Charred Dogs: If you want more blackening and char on your hot dogs, turn up the heat on your air fryer to 425°F with the same cooking instructions in the recipe below. Make sure to lower the heat back to 375°F for your toasted buns.
These hot dogs are best enjoyed immediately! However, if you do have any leftovers, they’ll stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 days.
To reheat, we recommend popping them back into the air fryer, of course! They will need about 2 minutes at 375°F to reheat and get nice and crisp again.
Honestly, we eat these hot dogs all by themselves pretty often! While french fries, chips, or tater tots are the most common sides to pair with hot dogs, here are a few more options that are just a little more elevated.
If you are throwing a Summer party and looking for more main dishes to go along with hot dogs, here are a few great suggestions:
- Crockpot Dr Pepper Pulled Pork
- Grilled Shrimp
- Slow Cooker Country Style Ribs
- Best Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Walking Tacos
More Easy Dinner Ideas In Your Air Fryer
Looking for more great easy dinner ideas to make in your air fryer? Lucky for you we love our air fryer and have a bunch! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Steak Kabobs
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
These Air Fryer Hot Dogs are the BEST hot dogs you can make at home! When cooked in the air fryer, hot dogs get nice and crispy on the outside and stay juicy on the inside. Plus, you don’t have to worry about firing up the grill or preheating the oven - it’s a hassle free recipe!
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- Chopped onions
- Shredded cheese
- Place hot dogs in the air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°F and cook hot dogs for 6 minutes.
- Remove hot dogs and place them in the buns. Return hotdogs (with buns) to the air fryer at 400 degrees 1 to 2 minutes, for a warm toasted bun. Add cheese if you’d like now for it to melt!
- Top with desired toppings and serve immediately.
Warmed Bun: If you don’t like a toasted bun try placing the hot dog in the bun, place hot dog in the basket and warm on 375 degrees for 30 seconds. This method will also soften older hot dog buns.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 669mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
2 comments on “Air Fryer Hot Dogs”
Never thought to do hotdogs in the bun did , and loved it, I used Nathens, wasn’t a big fan of hotdogs very often, well that changed, today I buns split on top & they sit flat. Curious we shall see 🙂
These were so good!! I had the HUFFY Hollywood style natural casing dogs. They were crispy on the outside and so juicy on the inside.
We added shredded sharp cheddar cheese, red onion and mustard!
The method to put the dog in the bun is pure genius!!
We will be making this again and again!!