This easy Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Baked Tortellini is a dump and bake dinner recipe loaded with creamy Alfredo, chicken, fresh spinach, artichoke hearts and frozen cheese filled tortellini! With only 10 minutes of work, this pasta dinner is an extra easy weeknight meal.
Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Baked Tortellini
This Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Baked Tortellini may be easy to make but it is also packed with tons of good flavor, vegetables and even the kids love it.
The prep time is minimal, we are talking 10 minutes or less, especially when you use a rotisserie chicken. And did we mention….No boiling water to cook the tortellini, you mix them in frozen! Oh how we LOVE a good dump and bake style dinner recipe!
You literally just mix all the ingredients together, pour it into a casserole dish and bake it — dinner is done. Serve this baked tortellini with a side salad and a hunk of garlic bread for a filling and easy dinner any night of the week!
What to serve with Baked Tortellini?
The nice part about this dish is that you get your protein, starchy side (cheese filled tortellini!) and vegetables all in one dish! However, here are a few extra sides and accompaniments we have served with this baked tortellini.
- Garlic Bread: always a welcome addition to any pasta dish.
- Side Salad: Caprese, Italian, Cesar, etc.
- Broccoli: if I don’t want to fill up too much on pasta, roasted or steamed broccoli is a great healthy side to add.
You only need eight simple ingredients to make this baked tortellini:
- Shredded Chicken: Using a rotisserie keeps this recipe quick and easy.
- Alfredo Sauce: Use your favorite jarred Alfredo sauce.
- Chicken Broth: We like low sodium broth.
- Frozen Cheese Tortellini: Keep frozen until ready to use.
- Artichoke Hearts: you will need to drain your artichoke hearts. I buy them already quartered, but you can even dice them into smaller pieces, if you want to hide them a little better if your kids are picky! Once mixed with the sauce and baked, they won’t be able to tell if they are chopped fine. Yay for hidden vegetables!
- Spinach: We used fresh baby spinach, but you can also use frozen spinach. You will need to thaw it and squeeze out all the excess moisture.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
How To Make Baked Tortellini
This Baked Tortellini recipe is ready in just a few super simple steps.
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl add the shredded chicken, Alfredo sauce and chicken broth. Mix until well blended. Fold in the tortellini.
Step 2: Add the quartered artichokes, fresh spinach, mozzarella and parmesan cheese (reserving 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese to be added on top later) and stir until well combined.
Step 3: Transfer into prepared casserole dish and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
Step 4: Remove foil and add remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese to the top.
Step 5: Return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes more, until bubbling and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Can I Replace The Artichoke Hearts?
Of course! This casserole is so versatile there are so many delicious ways to add flavor to your tortellini bake. You can swap out the spinach or artichoke hearts for any of the following to create your own version of this easy pasta recipe:
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Crumbled Bacon
- Green Peas
- Chopped Ham
- Italian Sausage
- Chopped Broccoli
Tips For Success
- Frozen Vs Refrigerated Tortellini: Both will work! If you choose to use refrigerated tortellini you will need to decrease your cooking time by ten minutes. We use frozen tortellini, because we always have them in the freezer for an easy last minute dinner.
- Brown The Top: If you would like your top cheese browned a little extra, place your casserole under the broiler for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Want More Veggies: You can add more spinach, or add extra veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, green peas, etc.
- Spicy Please: If you like a little heat, this dish is also delicious with some added crushed red pepper flakes. We usually skip them for the kids, but they are a great addition for spice lovers!
This Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Baked Tortellini is best served when it is fresh and warm. The leftovers are still tasty, but not as good as when it was fresh. The pasta will soak up some of the sauce once it’s cooled and refrigerated.
Any leftovers you do have can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat, add a little extra Alfredo sauce or milk to loosen it back up. You can also add a little more cheese if needed!
Meal Prep Tortellini Bake
Meal planning for the week? This casserole can be assembled and stored in the refrigerator up to two days before baking. The tortellini will not be frozen if stored in the refrigerator, so you will need to decrease the baking time by five to ten minutes.
Looking for more “dump style” Easy Dinner Ideas? Here are a few of our reader favorites:
- French Onion Chicken
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Crockpot Mexican Chicken
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 (15 oz) jar Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 19 oz bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (14 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl stir together chicken, Alfredo sauce and chicken broth. Next add the tortellini, artichoke hearts, spinach, mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and stir well to combine.
Transfer into prepared casserole dish and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and add remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese to the top.
Return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes more, until bubbling and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Artichoke Hearts: if you have some picky eaters on your hands, chop your artichoke hearts into small pieces before adding them. Once baked, your picky eaters won't even notice they are there!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 773Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 162mgSodium: 1478mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 50g