Tender chicken and hearty veggies are smothered in a rich and creamy chicken gravy with this easy crock pot chicken pot pie recipe. Served with a warm, fluffy biscuit on top, this is a super easy comfort food dinner the whole family will love!
Why You Will Love This Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
Packed full of ultra-tender chicken and veggies in a creamy chicken gravy, this super easy crockpot chicken pot pie is hearty, nostalgic, and comforting. Served with warm biscuits to soak up all the amazing gravy, you’re bound to love this recipe!
- Easy: Crock pot chicken pot pie is so easy to make! You only need 8 simple ingredients, some of which you probably already have on hand, and it only requires 10 minutes of work. Just dump everything into the slow cooker and let it do the rest of the hard work!
- Comforting: Crock pot chicken pot pie is the very definition of a comfort meal! With juicy chicken, tender veggies, a creamy gravy, and soft and fluffy biscuits, this meal will instantly put a smile on your face. It’s one of those ‘stick-to-your-ribs’ kind of dinners that you crave in the colder months!
- Mess-Free: One reason why we love using slow cookers is because they barely make any mess at all. All you need is a crockpot for the chicken and a baking sheet for the biscuits. No mixing bowls, skillets, or pans are required for this easy dinner idea.
- Travels Well: This is a great dish to make to bring to a potluck. It travels easily in the crockpot, just plug in the crockpot when you get to your destination to keep it warm.
If you love creamy and easy chicken crockpot recipes, make sure to also check out our favorite easy crockpot chicken and dumplings, this crockpot ranch chicken made with just 4 simple ingredients, and this amazing crockpot chicken and gravy that is always a family favorite.
All you need to cook this hearty and healthy crock pot chicken pot pie recipe are 8 basic ingredients. For full ingredient amounts and directions, scroll to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Chicken: We used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but chicken thighs will work as well!
- Cream Of Chicken Soup
- Cream Of Celery Soup: You can swap this one out for cream of mushroom, cream of onion, etc.
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables: No need to defrost the frozen vegetables, add them right to the crockpot. We like to use frozen veggies for ease, but fresh ones will work too.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper: Freshly cracked black pepper will give you the best flavor.
- Biscuits: You can use any biscuits you like, we prefer homestyle buttermilk biscuits. We also have some fun alternative toppings listed in the post below you can try!
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
This rich, comforting, and protein-packed chicken pot pie with soft and fluffy biscuits is so easy to make. Check out the recipe card for full detailed instructions on how to make this slow cooker chicken pot pie.
- Season: Line a slow cooker with nonstick spray, add the chicken, and season.
- Mix: Add the soup, veggies, and the rest of the spices into the crockpot and give it all a good stir.
- Cook: Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours, until chicken is cooked through and easily shredded.
- Bake: 20 minutes before you are ready to serve, bake the biscuits in the oven.
- Serve: Shred the chicken and stir to combine with the veggies and gravy. Serve topped with a biscuit, or split the biscuit in two and top with the pot pie filling!
Tips, Tricks & Variations
This healthy and comforting chicken pot pie crock pot dinner couldn’t be easier to make! However, here are a few tricks and tricks to help guarantee success:
- Veggies: This is a great meal for when you have extra vegetables in your fridge or freezer that you need to use up. You can use just about any type of fresh or frozen veggies, like carrots, onions, green beans, peas, mushrooms, corn, etc.
- Different Gravy Flavors: Cream of chicken soup and cream of celery soup are included in this easy homemade chicken pot pie recipe, but feel free to change it up to what you have on hand. Cream of mushroom soup, or cream of onion soup, will both work great as well.
- Make Homemade Biscuits: Canned homestyle biscuits work great in this crock pot chicken pot pie, and they’re so easy. However, a fun way to really elevate your pot pie is to make your own fluffy biscuits. We highly recommend our herb drop biscuit recipe!
- Puff Pastry: If you want to make this dish a little fancy, buttery puff pastry is the answer! Once the pot pie filling is fully cooked, you can top it with puff pastry and bake according to the package directions until the puff pastry is golden brown. You can do this in a large casserole dish or in ramekins for individual servings. You can also do this same idea with crescent dough instead of puff pastry!
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
It’s important to store the chicken pot pie filling and the biscuits separately, and only combine them when you’re ready to serve the slow cooker pot pie. Otherwise your leftovers will become a soggy mess!
The chicken pot pie filling will last in the fridge for up to 5 days, as long as you store it in an airtight container. The biscuits are best stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for 1 week. We recommend reheating the filling in the microwave in 30-second increments, until warmed through.
Can You Freeze This?
Definitely! Just as if you’re putting it in the fridge, you shouldn’t freeze the chicken pot pie filling with the biscuits. We don’t recommend freezing the biscuits, those are best made fresh.
Once cooled, freeze the chicken pot pie filling in an airtight container for up to 3 months. For best results, transfer to the fridge to thaw for 24 hours before reheating.
More Easy Chicken Crockpot Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken Marsala
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Crockpot Mexican Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Marsala
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken
- Crockpot French Onion Chicken
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or thighs
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans cream of celery soup
- 12 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1 (16.3 oz) can homestyle biscuits, or homemade drop biscuits
- Spray crockpot liner with non-stick spray. Lay chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot and season with 1 teaspoon of each: garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper.
- Cover chicken breast with cream of chicken soup and cream of celery soup.
- Spread mixed frozen vegetables over the soup. Sprinkle the remaining 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper, over the top of the vegetables.
- Place lid on the crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours, until chicken is cooked through and easily shredded.
- 15 to 20 minutes before serving, bake the biscuits according to the package directions.
- A few minutes before the biscuits are ready, use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Stir until the chicken is covered in the gravy and vegetables.
- Serve with a warm biscuit on the top/side or cut the biscuits in half and top with chicken pot pie.