These tender, juicy Baked Pork Chops are PACKED with flavor that comes from creamy mayonnaise and a smoky homemade pork seasoning. Our family requests this simple pork dinner all the time and we are happy to oblige, since it requires just 3 ingredients and is so easy to make!
Table of Contents
- Juicy Baked Pork Chops Recipe
- What Makes These Oven Baked Pork Chops So Good?
- Recipe Ingredients
- How to Make Baked Pork Chops
- Tips for Success
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What Goes With This Pork Chop Dinner?
- How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
- Can I Freeze Baked Pork Chops?
- More Easy Pork Dinner Recipes
- Get the Recipe
Juicy Baked Pork Chops Recipe
This Baked Pork Chops recipe is the family favorite easy dinner idea that you’ve been searching for. Why? Because these ultra-juicy pork chops are made with only 3 ingredients and done in just over half an hour! Just wait until you dig in and discover how tender, juicy and flavorful they are!
We like to make these oven baked pork chops with a homemade pork rub that contains smoky paprika, earthy dried thyme, granulated garlic, and more. It’s the perfect smoky, herby blend… and completely addictive. So, today we’re adding it to these boneless pork chops so you can see what all the fuss is about!
But, if you choose to go with your own blend of seasonings instead, that’s totally fine. Gather up your preferred spices and some creamy mayonnaise, and prepare to enjoy moist, flat-out perfect pork chops that the whole family will love!
What Makes These Oven Baked Pork Chops So Good?
We could talk about these baked boneless pork chops for HOURS. However, for the sake of easy reading, we’ve condensed our love for this pork chop dinner into a few simple points:
- Moist and Tender: Not to be repetitive, but you will not believe how juicy these pork chops are. The addition of mayonnaise to the surface of the pork keeps it so tender, and even lends a bit of tangy flavor to it! (Don’t worry if you don’t like mayo – neither do we! You won’t taste it, but it works perfectly at keeping your pork chops juicy!)
- Quick and Easy: Preparing these pork chops for the oven will take you no longer than 3 minutes. On busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen, this dinner is perfect. The whole process takes about 30 minutes from start to finish, with very little effort on your part. The oven does all the work!
- Simple and Affordable Ingredients: With just 3 ingredients required, these baked pork chops will help you keep the grocery list short and sweet. We love an easy dinner that is also budget friendly.
Let’s dive into these 3 ingredients in a little more detail. If you’re looking for exact amounts, check out the recipe card below.
- Boneless Pork Chops: Try to use pork chops that are about 1 inch thick so that they don’t dry out in the oven. You can also use bone-in pork chops if you wish, but be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Mayonnaise: The mayonnaise helps keep the meat juicy. No need to sear the pork chops before baking them in the oven, because the oil from the mayo will keep the meat tender and juicy.
- Pork Chop Seasoning: We like to use our Homemade Pork Chop Seasoning, made with smoked paprika, dried thyme, onion powder, celery salt, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper. However you can use any seasoning you enjoy! Our Cajun Seasoning is another delicious option.
How to Make Baked Pork Chops
Alright, let’s discuss how these easy baked pork chops get to the table! Here’s the short step-by-step process:
- Preheat the Oven to 350°F: Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spread Mayo on the Pork Chops: Coat each pork chop with the mayonnaise, making sure to cover both sides.
- Season the Pork Chops: Generously coat the pork chops with the seasoning and place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake: Bake your pork for 30-40 minutes, or until an instant read meat thermometer reads 145°F. Then, remove the baking dish from the oven and cover it with foil. Let everything rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Tips for Success
Easy peasy, right? It’s a pretty simple process, but we still have some tips and tricks to share with you to ensure that you get the best results with your juicy boneless pork chops:
- A Seasoning Timesaver: You can also mix the mayonnaise and seasoning together and then coat the pork chops to make the preparation go even faster. We just prefer how they look with the seasoning on top, the taste is the same either way!
- Do Not Overcook the Chops: Boneless pork chops are typically thin (about ½” to 1” thick) and will cook relatively quickly. Set the timer for 30 minutes, then check for doneness.
- Save the Juice in the Baking Pan! Drizzle the juice/gravy over the pork chops when serving – it helps keep the chops juicy and the gravy adds even more flavor!
- Don’t Skip the Resting Time: Letting the pork chops rest after cooking allows the meat to relax, which helps the pork chops become even more tender and juicy. Just 5 minutes makes a world of difference!
Frequently Asked Questions
We like to bake pork chops for 30 minutes at 350°F because they come out so tender. You can also bake them at a higher temperature of 400°F (or more) for a shorter period of time, though, if you like.
When the center of your pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145°F, they are done cooking. The best way to confirm this is to use an instant read thermometer.
In addition to the seasonings we listed above in our homemade blend, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, brown sugar, and mustard are all flavors that can work very well with pork.
Yes! Pork chops are a great choice for a healthy dinner because they are lean meat, and you can adjust the amount of salt added to the seasoning to control the sodium content.
What Goes With This Pork Chop Dinner?
Not sure what to serve with your boneless pork chops? Here are some easy sides that we like to include with ours:
- Potatoes: Potatoes of all kinds work well with this meal – fries, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, you name it. More specifically, we like these Air Fryer Potatoes with Onion and these Easy Mashed Potatoes!
- Veggies: Roasted vegetables are the perfect healthy side to serve with these pork chops. You could try Parmesan Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Green Beans, or these Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts.
- Pasta: A simple pasta recipe like Parmesan Butter Noodles pairs really well with a pork dinner.
- Salad: Side salads are a great way to keep a dinner light, but filling. Cucumber Salad is one of our go-to salad options!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
If you happen to have leftovers, you can easily save them for later. Here’s the best way to store and reheat this pork:
- To Store: Store the pork chops in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They should keep for 4-5 days in there.
- To Reheat: Simply place the pork chops in a baking dish and warm them in the oven at 350°F again, until heated through.
Can I Freeze Baked Pork Chops?
Yes. You can freeze this pork for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Remember to thaw leftovers in the fridge overnight before reheating!
More Easy Pork Dinner Recipes
There’s no shortage of easy pork dinners out there. We’d love to share some more with you!
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Pan Fried Pork Chops
- Crockpot Ham and Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops With Stuffing
- Pulled Pork Nachos
- Slow Cooker Country Style Ribs
- The Best Pulled Pork
Baked Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds boneless pork chops
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons pork chop seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F, spray a medium size baking dish with nonstick spray, or line baking dish with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Coat each pork chop with the mayonnaise, making sure to cover both sides.
- Generously coat the pork chops with the seasoning and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until an instant read meat thermometer reads 145°F.
- Remove from oven, cover baking dish with foil, and let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.