These flavorful Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are an easy-to-make veggie side dish that pairs with SO many different entrées! Thinly sliced Brussels sprouts are air fried to crispy perfection and packed with garlic and onion flavor.
Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
What did we ever do before air fryers? It may seem like a dramatic question, but we can’t imagine ever handing over our air fryers and going back to our old methods! When it comes to brussels sprouts, there are plenty of ways to make them tasty… But no recipe is quite as quick, easy, and delicious as this one, all thanks to the air fryer!
When cooked in the air fryer with just the right amount of olive oil, Brussels sprouts develop deliciously crispy brown outer leaves that are so satisfying to bite into. The interior of the sprouts, however, stay fork tender and slightly soft, even though they’re thinly sliced.
It goes without saying that Brussels sprouts are mighty good for you. However, do you know why? They’re low in calories and high in all the right stuff like vitamin K, vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and more! This is a side dish you can feel really good about having seconds of. And with all that tasty garlic salt, dried onions, and crispy leaves, you’re definitely going to want seconds.
What Makes this Recipe So Good?
- Easy. It’s such an easy side dish to whip together, if you really need to save time, you can even grab already sliced Brussels sprouts at the grocery store in the produce department.
- Healthy. This is a great healthy vegetable side dish that is low calorie, low carb, gluten free and vegan! So almost any and every diet can enjoy these air fried Brussels sprouts!
- Flavor. We have tried many different ways of making air fried Brussels and we love them the most when they are seasoned with garlic salt and dried onion flakes. By using dried ingredients instead of fresh, the flavor is 3x as strong! So a little goes a long way! The seasonings combined with crispy, blackened Brussel sprouts with tender insides is perfection.
You only need the following 4 simple, inexpensive ingredients to make this side dish! Delicious, nutritious, and budget-friendly? This recipe checks all the right boxes.
- Brussels Sprouts: Use fresh Brussels sprouts.
- Olive Oil: You could use avocado oil instead if you’d prefer.
- Garlic Salt: If you want a little added garlicky flavor without the sodium, feel free to toss in an additional teaspoon of garlic powder. To make this recipe entirely low sodium, use garlic powder instead of garlic salt.
- Chopped Dried Onion Flakes: These are SO tasty when they’re tossed and cooked with the Brussels sprouts! The onion flavor they provide is downright delicious.
How to Make Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer
Prepare your air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray.
Slice the Brussels sprouts: Slice your Brussels sprouts longways, trying to make 3 slices through each sprout. You want them thinly sliced, about 1/8” – 1/4” thick slices.
Toss the Brussels sprouts: In a medium-sized bowl, toss sliced Brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic salt and dried onion flakes. Transfer the Brussels sprouts into the air fryer.
Cook: Cook the sprouts for 6 minutes at 400°F. Open the air fryer and shake the basket to get even cooking and then continue cooking for 3 to 5 more minutes, until the Brussels are fork tender and have a little blackened char to them!
Serve immediately and enjoy this easy and healthy air fryer side dish!
Tips and Tricks
- Dried Seasonings: The flavor of dried seasonings are more intense than fresh, so less is needed. You also do not have to spend time mincing garlic and onions. If you prefer to use fresh onion and garlic, feel free!
- Spicy: Want your Brussels sprouts spicy? Add sriracha when you add the olive oil and toss to coat them, or you can use roasted red pepper flakes. Both will add flavor and heat!
- Thinly Sliced: The key to these Brussels sprouts cooking evenly and quickly? Slicing them thin! If you only halve your Brussels sprouts instead of slicing them into thin pieces, they will need a few more minutes to cook in the air fryer.
- Olive Oil: Don’t be shy with the amount of olive oil. You want the sprouts to be shiny and glistening when they go into the air fryer. If you do not use enough olive oil, your Brussels sprouts will turn out dry.
Now that you’ve got the best air fried brussels sprouts ever, what are you going to serve them with? Here are just a few of our favorite entrées to plate these garlicky sprouts with:
- Pan Fried Pork Chops
- Crockpot Shredded Beef
- Roasted Citrus Chicken
- Slow Cooker Country Style Ribs
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Crockpot Dr Pepper Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Beef Tips
- Sheet Pan Cajun Garlic Butter Shrimp
Storing and Reheating
In an airtight container in the fridge, these air-fried Brussels sprouts will stay fresh for about 2-3 days. Just make sure they’re totally cooled to room temp before you pop them into your food storage container.
To reheat, we recommend NOT using the microwave! It’ll zap the flavor and crispy consistency right out of your veggies. Instead, place the leftover brussel sprouts back into your air fryer and cook at 400°F for just 2-3 minutes or until warmed through. Make sure to keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn!
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
These flavorful Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are an easy to make veggie side dish that pair well with SO many different entrées! Thinly sliced Brussels sprouts are air fried to crispy perfection and packed with garlic and onion flavor.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup chopped dried onion flakes
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Spray air fryer basket with non-stick spray.
- Slice your Brussels sprouts longways, trying to make 3 slices through each sprout. You want them thinly sliced, about 1/8” - 1/4” thick slices.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss sliced Brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic salt and dried onion flakes. You want your Brussels sprouts to be shiny and glistening from the olive oil. If they look dry, add additonal tablespoon of olive oil.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts into air fryer. Cook Brussels sprouts for 6 minutes at 400°F.
- Open the air fryer and shake the basket to get even cooking and then continue cooking for 3 to 5 more minutes, until Brussels are fork tender and have a little blackened char to them. Serve immedaitely.
Store Leftovers: Store any leftover cooked brussles in an airtight container in the fridge, these air fried brussel sprouts will stay fresh for about 2-3 days.
Reheat Leftovers: To reheat, we recommend NOT using the microwave! It’ll zap the flavor and crispy consistency right out of your veggies. Instead, place the leftover brussel sprouts into your air fryer and cook at 400°F for just 2-3 minutes or until warmed through. Make sure to keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Look For More Easy Side Dishes?
Well you are in luck! We have a ton! Here are our favorite easy side dish recipes: