Here is the only list you’ll ever need of the best Sweet Potato Recipes. Whenever you have a bunch of sweet potatoes, grab this list because we have a little bit of everything from Mashed Sweet Potatoes to Candied Sweet Potatoes! Simple and delicious!
The Best Sweet Potato Recipes
Whether it’s for a holiday dinner or you simply just have a bunch of sweet potatoes, this list of Sweet Potato Recipes is going to come in handy!
We love sweet potatoes around here. They are so flavorful and their texture is just perfect. No matter which way you cook them, they always end up buttery smooth and rich in flavor.
Sometimes all you need is a little salt and pepper and sometimes you need some marshmallows! But whatever way you cook sweet potatoes, you’re going to be pleased with the results. It also helps that sweet potatoes are really good for you!
Are Sweet Potatoes Healthy?
Sweet potatoes are often seen as the healthier option when choosing a potato. Here is why sweet potatoes are so healthy:
- They are a great source of nutrients. Sweet potatoes are good sources of fiber and various vitamins.
- They can help support healthy eyesight and brain health. Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene which is what makes them so orange.
- They may help regulate your blood sugar. This is important if you have diabetes.
- They also may have cancer-fighting properties. Meaning that they are high in antioxidants.
Sweet Potatoes vs Regular Potatoes
Are sweet potatoes better than regular potatoes? Some people swap out sweet potatoes for regular potatoes quite often because they think that they are healthier. There are a few things that stand out about sweet potatoes that make them a healthier choice.
First, they have a ton of beta-carotene. Which is something other potatoes do not have at all. The beta carotene is transformed into Vitamin A in your body.
Second, they are very high in fiber and many other nutrients that white potatoes do not have.
Additionally, both white potatoes and sweet potatoes are great sources of potassium and Vitamin C. So you’re making a smart choice in whatever potato you choose.
How to Store Leftovers
The best way to store sweet potato leftovers is to use an airtight container and keep it in the fridge. Then you can easily reheat any leftovers either in the microwave, stovetop, or the air fryer depending on which recipe you’re using.
What to Serve with Sweet Potatoes
Here are some of our favorite things to serve with sweet potatoes. You don’t have to save these sweet potato recipes for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- Chicken: Our Roasted Citrus Chicken and Baked Chicken Legs are two healthy and simple recipes that pair well with any of these sweet potato recipes.
- Beef: We love serving sweet potatoes with a grilled steak (or how about an Air Fryer London Broil!) but our Shredded Beef is also really great, too!
- Pork: One way we love to serve sweet potatoes is stuffed with Pulled Pork! Or if you aren’t a bbq fan, try out these Pan Fried Pork Chops instead!
- Fish: Sweet potatoes are a great side dish with simply seared fish filet (like this Air Fryer Mahi Mahi) but they also pair well with Grilled Shrimp, too.
- Veggies: If you are looking to pack in all the healthy veggies, try out our favorite Lentil Stew. It’s packed with sweet potatoes, kale, carrots, green beans, lentils and more!
10 Essential Sweet Potato Recipes
Sweet potatoes are a great vegetable to keep in your kitchen for simple side dishes and complete meals! This list of 10 Essential Sweet Potato Recipes is all you need when you are wondering what kind of dish to make.
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes are the easiest way to make perfectly cooked sweet potatoes. The outside is crispy and the inside is just right for adding all of your favorite toppings or enjoying on their own with some butter.
These decadent Candied Sweet Potatoes are an easy side dish that is perfect for the holidays. Everyone will love this sweet potato dish. Save it for special occasions!
These easy Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes are the perfect side dish for any holiday dinner or a fancy weeknight meal. The warm buttery cinnamon and brown sugar center combined with the toasted marshmallows, create an irresistible side dish.
This easy-to-make Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows only has 5 ingredients! It's the perfect Thanksgiving side dish that's so simple to make. But we wouldn't judge you if you made it throughout the year - it's that good!
This Sweet Potato Souffle is the perfect holiday side dish. It's so easy to make you can whip it up and still enjoy time with family and friends.
These simple Mashed Sweet Potatoes only have 3 ingredients! This is a savory recipe, but you can easily make it sweet by adding maple syrup or brown sugar.
Boiled Sweet Potatoes are super easy and ready in less than 20 minutes and you only need 3 ingredients! You can enjoy them on their own or use them as a base for many of our sweet potato recipes.
If you love baked sweet potatoes, wait until you try them in the instant pot! This easy recipe for Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes takes half the time of baking and produces an extra tender, soft and moist sweet potato. This is a great no-fuss way of making sweet potatoes.
Sometimes you just want a simple Baked Sweet Potato. Here's our tried and true recipe!
These perfectly tender and seasoned Roasted Sweet Potatoes are quick and simple. Using just salt and pepper, the potatoes taste amazing and it's a healthy side dish to add to breakfast, lunch, or dinner.