These Air Fryer Green Beans are crispy, garlicky, and have a distinct umami flavor from using soy sauce. This recipe is a quick and easy side dish when you want something unique and healthy.
Easy Garlic Roasted Green Beans
Here is yet another time-saving air fryer recipe that prevents you from turning on the oven and standing over the stovetop. Our Air Fryer Green Beans are so simple to make in the air fryer and they turn out perfectly every time.
If your not one to lean towards plain vegetables as a side dish, you have to try this recipe! We’re doing more here than just seasoning with salt and pepper. The fresh and tender green beans are seasoned with lots of garlic, soy sauce, and black pepper. Then they are “fried” and they come out perfectly crispy and delicious.
The soy sauce is rich, slighty sweet, and salty…we like to call this earthy flavor “umami”. And it works so well with these green beans, especially when you add in all of that garlic! It’s a quick and easy side dish you’ll want to make time and time again.
Love green beans? Try our favorite Southern Green Beans with Bacon!
What You’ll Need
Here is the short list of ingredients you need to make Air Fryer Green Beans.
- Green Beans: We like to use fresh green beans for this recipe. And don’t forget to trim the ends off.
- Olive Oil: Or sesame oil works really great for this recipe, too because adds more Asian flavor.
- Soy Sauce: You can use tamari if you are gluten-free because it doesn’t contain wheat products.
- Garlic: We highly recommend using fresh garlic for this recipe. But you can also use garlic powder in a pinch.
- Black Pepper: Fresh cracked black pepper adds a little kick to this recipe.
- Sesame Seeds: This is an optional topping idea that adds crunch and flavor.
How to Make Air Fryer Green Beans
The simple steps are below for making this easy green bean dish.
First, season the green beans. Toss them in a large bowl with the soy sauce, oil, garlic, and black pepper.
Then place them in the air fryer. You’ll want to lay them in a single later so that they cook evenly.
Cook for about 10 minutes. Stir them halfway through so they flip over which will also allow them to cook evenly.
Once they’re done, serve them immediately. And garnish them with sesame seeds if you’d like.
How Long Do You Cook Green Beans In The Air Fryer?
Green beans typically don’t take that long to cook regardless of the cooking method. Green beans will usually take anywhere between 6-10 minutes depending on their size.
If you are using Hericot Verts (smaller and thinner green beans), they will take around 6 minutes. But larger string beans can take up to 8-10 minutes.
Tips for Success
Follow the helpful tips below when you’re making green beans in the air fryer.
- Make sure that the beans are dry. Then the beans will crisp up nicely because they aren’t saturated with water.
- Air fryers cook differently. Check the beans at 4 minutes and then shake the basket and cook 4 more minutes or longer if you like the beans extra soft.
- More isn’t always better. Stick to the 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Adding more will only result in beans that are overly salty.
What to Serve With Garlic Green Beans
Here are some of our favorite dishes to serve with this green bean recipe.
- Asian Take Out at Home: Make it a take-out at home meal with Crispy Bang Bang Shrimp and Air Fryer Orange Chicken.
- Simple Chicken Recipes: You don’t need to serve anything fancy with these green beans. Some delicious and simple chicken like Lemon Pepper Chicken Drumsticks will be great!
- Serve Them with Pasta: These green beans are a great nurtitional side dish to serve with pasta. Try them with out White Chicken Lasagna Rollups.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Then you can reheat them right back in the air fryer. Just this time you only need about 3-5 minutes to heat them back up.
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Sesame seeds, optional topping
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, toss to combine the green beans, oil, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper.
- Place green beans in air fryer basket. Cook on 375°F for 8-10 minutes, until tender, stirring the green beans half way through.
- Serve immediately garnished with sesame seeds, if desired.