This is the best Easy Guacamole Recipe out there! It’s a crowd-pleaser and is ready in 5 minutes. You only need ripe avocados, a lime and two simple seasonings to make the most irresistible guacamole you’ve ever had.
The Best Guacamole Recipe Ever
Are you ready to make the most perfect party appetizer? This easy Guacamole recipe is the only one you’ll ever need! I learned this simple recipe when we lived in Texas and it’s our absolute favorite! There’s no need for a long list of ingredients to make the most delicious guacamole ever, you just need 4 simple ingredients.
Our Easy Guacamole recipe requires just three things (in addition to ripe avocados, of course). And if they aren’t already in your spice cabinet, they are super easy to find at the grocery store. You’ll need fajita seasoning, granulated garlic, and fresh limes and that’s it! Fair warning, your friends are going to go crazy for and beg you for this recipe. It happens every time we make this dip for a party!
You can use this guacamole as a dip with your favorite tortilla chips, as a taco or nacho topping, or make avocado toast with it! The options are endless…that’s if you don’t eat it all with a spoon first!
Why You’ll Love This Avocado Dip
Here’s why you’re going to love this Easy Guacamole!
- You only need 4 ingredients. This makes this dip easy to put together on a whim and helps keep it affordable.
- No chopping is needed. Some guacamole recipes have minced onions, garlic, and cilantro – but not this one. The flavor is still amazing and it all comes from no-fuss ingredients.
- Ready in 5 minutes. If you need a super quick party app – this is the recipe for you! It comes together in just 5 minutes and you’re good to go.
Jot down this short list of ingredients and then you’re ready to get started!
- Avocados: You want ripe avocados for the creamiest guacamole. And always remove the skin and pit.
- Fajita Seasoning: This brand of fajita seasoning is our absolute favorite and now that we live in Florida, we order it on amazon. While fajita seasoning may be a bit surprising, it really adds a tasty depth to the guac that you can’t get with any other seasoning! Just trust us and give it a try! If you don’t have fajita seasoning, you could also try our Homemade Taco Seasoning or a combination of garlic salt and pepper.
- Granulated Garlic: A delicious shortcut ingredient that still delivers amazing garlic flavor.
- Lime Juice: Always use fresh lime juice when making guacamole. Not only does it provide a citrusy tangy flavor, but it helps preserve the green color.
Optional Add Ins
You can serve these add ins on top of the guacamole as a garnish or fold them in.
- Fresh Cilantro: minced.
- Pico de Gallo: Homemade Pico de Gallo is best for the freshest flavor, but you could also use store bough to save time.
- Jalapeño: minced. Make sure to remove the seeds and membrane from the pepper if you don’t want a ton of spicy heat. If you want your guac to be extra spicy, you can use a serrano pepper instead.
How Can I Tell if an Avocado is Ripe?
The best way to tell if an avocado is ripe is by touching it. You want it to be slightly tender – but NOT mushy! Do not buy an avocado if it’s too soft to touch. We suggest buying underripe avocados at the market so that they can ripen at home. Then they are ready for when you want to use them.
A helpful tip is that if your avocados are ripe and you aren’t ready to use them, you can put them in the fridge and that will stop the ripening process and keep for up to a week!
What is the Best Way to Store Avocados?
Unripe: Unripe avocados are best stored at room temperature on the counter to continue ripening until ready to use. If you need to speed up the ripening process, place an avocado in a paper bag and close the top of the bag. Your avocado will ripen in a day or two!
Ripe Uncut: Ripe avocados that have not been cut can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. Storing them at the cooler temperature stops the ripening process giving you more time!
Ripe Cut: Once an avocado has been cut up, we suggest using it right away. But if you do need to save a piece of the avocado, leave the pit in and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. But before doing that, rub some lime wedges on the exposed part of the avocado if you have some. Then store it in the fridge and try to use it within a day or two.
How to Make Guacamole
Here are the simple steps for making this recipe:
First, remove the pit from the avocado. You can do this by using a chef’s knife and tapping it into the pit and it should pop right out when you remove the knife.
Then remove the fruit. Then use a spoon to scoop out the green flesh of the avocado.
Next, mash the avocado in a bowl. You can mash it however you’d like. Leave it chunky or make it smooth.
Season the avocado. Next, gradually add the seasonings, 1 teaspoon at a time, and taste as you go until it has the flavor that you like.
Serve immediately. Or cover the guacamole with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Follow these helpful tips and you’re guacamole will turn out perfectly every time!
- The lime plays a very important role! Not only does it enhance the flavor of the guacamole, but it helps keep it fresh.
- If using Pico de Gallo: Stir in the Pico de Gallo right before you want to serve the guacamole. We do this because the tomatoes have high water content and may make the guacamole too watery if they are blended in too soon.
- Salt: If you feel like your guacamole is a little flat, it needs more seasonings/salt! Add a little more fajita seasoning, salt or garlic salt!
What to Serve with Guacamole
Here are some of our favorite ways to serve guacamole:
- Load it on top of your favorite nacho platter. This Pulled Pork Nacho recipe is a great recipe to try and it’s also so easy to make! Or how about on top of Walking Tacos or these Easy Beef Enchiladas!
- Burrito bowls at home. Skip takeout tonight and make your own Chicken Burrito Bowls at home. Adding our homemade guacamole is way more affordable than when you add it on at a takeout restaurant!
- Add a scoop to chili. We love serving a side of guacamole and sour cream with our Crockpot Mexican White Chicken Chili because they both balance out the rich flavors of the chili.
How to Store Leftovers
The best way to store guacamole and keep it from turning brown is to prevent any air or moisture reaching it. So the optimal way to do that is to seal it with plastic wrap.
Do this by placing a layer of plastic wrap over the guacamole and then put the lid over the container. Make sure that the plastic wrap is touching the guacamole so no air can reach the dip.
Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
You can make this a few hours ahead of time, but the fresher the better! Just follow the storage steps above if you need to make this guacamole in advance and you’ll be good to go.
- Use a spoon to remove the skin from the avocados and place them in a small to medium size bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocados until the consistency you like. Smooth or chunky, it is up to you!
- Add the fajita seasoning, garlic and lime juice, stir to combine. Taste and season more if needed, adding no more than a ½ teaspoon at a time until reaching desired flavor.
- Enjoy immediately or wrap the bowl tightly with saran wrap making sure to press the wrap down over the guacamole and then placing the lid on the dish and store in the refrigerator.